Summer is a great opportunity to generate new business. Warm weather brings people outside where they can walk by your store, see your window sign and stop in on impulse. It is also a great time for cold beverage specials. We gathered a few tips for bringing customers and leveraging your current loyal customers to spread the word for you.
- Sell a special cup for a higher price, that customers can bring back to receive free refill of fountain and frozen beverages though a set date.
- Post a sign at checkout to invite people to subscribe to your email list to enter to win a free bonus prize. There are dozens of good mailing list providers out there. MailChimp is one of the most popular. They offer free accounts up to 2000 subscribers with an quick setup an forms that offer a signup link or a QR code. It takes 5 minutes to sign up and Start gathering customers on your list for monthly promotions.
- Offer your social media followers or mailing list subscribers a coupon code for a discount on the cup.
- Invite social media followers or mailing list subscribers to come in during a VIP week to enter a drawing to win a free cup.
- Give social media followers an incentive to share your specials with their friends. Most social platforms like facebook and twitter will track how many shares your posts are getting, and by whom.
Plan your promotion so that it brings in customers during slow times of the day. Bundle your cup with coupons for your food items or local summer attractions. Work with neighboring businesses to leverage the local advantage for cross promotion.
- Order cups like the USA-made single-wall clear tumbler with matching lid and straw. Cups imprinted with your artwork.
- Once you have your promotion planned you can order a poster to promote it.
- Create your artwork or contact us for assistance.
Another idea to bring in customers during slow times is to offer a limited time special for any size drink for $1, during certain hours.
What are your best summer promotion ideas?